Website Rocky Ridge Retirement Community
Rocky Ridge Retirement Community is actively seeking an energetic, enthusiastic and self-motivated individual to join our growing team!
The Lifestyle Manager has a true passion for working with seniors and making a difference in their lives. Responsible for all recreation, social and leisure programs, in accordance with budgetary and management guidelines, the Lifestyle Manager continuously strives to provide unique, active and stimulating experiences for our valued residents at Rocky Ridge.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Planning, promoting, organizing, leading, evaluating and implementing resident centered programs, outings and activities for groups, one-on-one and self-directed.
- Providing on-going education to residents and family members on the benefits of recreation, socialization and physical activity.
- Garnering feedback from Residents on a regular basis to ensure that programs are attractive to the community as a whole.
- Developing monthly activities calendars and newsletters, taking resident feedback and suggestions into consideration.
- Providing department and community training and orientation.
- Understands and practices the principles of excellent customer service and instills Signature Retirement Living’s mission, vision and values.
- Demonstrate the ability to interact effectively with fellow team members, residents, resident family members, and other internal/external stakeholders.
- Self-initiative, strong time management and organizational skills.
- Enthusiastic with the ability to motivate individuals and groups.
- Acts as weekend Manager on Duty, on a rotational schedule.
Skills & Knowledge Requirements:
- Post Secondary education in recreation/leisure programs is preferred.
- Approximately 2-3 years of relevant experience.
- Class 4 license.
- Fitness training appropriate for seniors (ie. Can-Fit Pro) preferred, or willing to obtain.
- Knowledgeable of health and safety regulations.
- Experienced in seniors’ care, retirement living, supportive living or long term care.
- Strong verbal and written English skills.
- Valid First Aid and CPR.
- Fit to lead exercise class, push wheelchairs, and to carry equipment and move basic furniture such as chairs.
- Frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
- Bending, stooping on a regular basis.
- Push and/or pull wheeled equipment up to 50 pounds.
Please note: This position is 4 days per week.
The successful candidate must have a current police check with vulnerable sector screen.
Reasonable accommodation for applicants with a disability is available, upon request, for the interview process, and for other candidate selection methods.
We thank all candidates in advance for their interest in this position. Please be advised that due to the large volume of candidates only those required for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.