Website Rocky Ridge Retirement Community
SOUS CHEF (FT)
Reporting to the Executive Chef, you will assist with leading, motivating, and engaging the culinary team by executing the highest standard of culinary excellence. You will oversee the preparation of high quality menu items that meet Company policies and procedures, and legislative/regulatory requirements. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Based on pre-set menus, sets up equipment and supplies, and prepares food following standardized recipes.
- Assist with menu planning, and monitor the quality and quantity of food inventory, including performing monthly food inventory count.
- Oversee staff in basic food preparation procedures, plating of food and kitchen sanitation.
- In the absence of the Executive Chef assumes responsibility for routine departmental operations including staff replacement, requisitions and purchasing food and other supplies from authorized suppliers, and maintaining records.
- Assists with training and scheduling staff.
- Maintain and enforce the highest standards of professionalism by following the company dress code and/or wearing the company uniform.
- Continuously follows the principles of “good customer service” and ensure that these values are demonstrated in day to day practices.
- Demonstrates the ability to interact effectively with team, suppliers, residents and families as well as external community resources.
- Demonstrates strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Able to work under minimal supervision in a very busy environment.
.Knowledge & Skills Requirements:
- Post-secondary education in Culinary Arts Management or similar.
- Red Seal designation., Certified Chef de Cuisine designation certification desirable.
- Minimum five (5) years of culinary leadership experience in a similar dining environment.
- Must be knowledgeable on HACCP controls along with proper storage and use of food.
- Valid Food Safety Certification.
- Basic computer proficiency.
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills.
- Knowledgeable in Occupational Health and Safety, Public Health.
- Exposure to extreme hot and cold temperatures.
- Regularly lift up to 50 pounds; push and pull wheeled equipment up to 50 lbs.
- Bend, kneel, and work with arms raised for at least 4 hours daily.
- Walk and stand on a variety of surfaces for at least 4 hours daily.
Hours of Work: Must be available to work days, evenings, and weekends.
Posting Date: December 6, 2018
Application Deadline: December 20, 2018
Job Type: Full-time.
We thank all candidates in advance for their interest in this position. Please be advised that due to the large volume of candidates only those required for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.